Concept Map

Concept Map

EM Concept Map

EM Concept Map

Saturday, January 15, 2011

SMART board lesson

After visiting the College School, I uploaded the SMART Notebook onto my laptop and explored the program. Mainly, I was looking for more applications of the SMART board in the science classroom. I found some premade interactive applications on topics such as the Periodic Table, stopping distance, chemical bonding, and the rock cycle. When I went into school on Thursday I showed my field instructor all of these applications and a few that we learned from the College School (Magic Pen, Cloning, Erasing to Reveal, Rotating Dice, etc.). The Rotating Dice was his favorite since we had problems creating fair groups without enraging the students. My field instructor saw great potential in all of these items and even invited the Special Education science teacher in to show him these newly learned uses of the SMART board. My field instructor and this Special Education teacher are scheduled for collaborative teaching starting on Wednesday, which means students with exceptionalities will be integrated into the general classroom. It was very interesting to see the students at the College School and the way the teacher used technology to help their individual learning. I am looking forward to using the SMART board more effectively in the integrated classroom.       

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful. I'm glad your field instructor saw the potential and is eager to use technology to address individual students' needs. This is one of the greatest strengths of technology.

    ReplyDelete